Re: s6-linux-init without virtual consoles

From: <esben_at_geanix.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 10:35:01 +0200

"Laurent Bercot" <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org> writes:

> Thanks for the kind words, Oli :)
> It's all fine, really. In all fairness, yes, I *was* a little cheeky,
> because Esben sounded very dramatic about a harmless warning.

Hehe. I am sorry if it came out like that.

My position is just that after upgrading to latest s6-linux-init
version, I realized that the customer would with 99% certainty demand
that this particular warning message is resolved.

And I would very much want to avoid having to carry out-of-tree patches.

> But there's a legitimate UX takeaway here: the warning is indeed
> needlessly scary. So it will be changed in the next s6-l-i release.
> And yes, I suppose I can add the verbosity setting while I'm at it
> (it doesn't sound super useful, but it's not expensive either, so if
> people want it, why not.)

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated :)

/Esben