Re: s6/s6-rc policy for Gentoo

From: Hoël Bézier <hoelbezier_at_riseup.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 17:18:51 +0200

Hi,

Am Sa, Jul 06, 2024 am 03:09:26 +0200 schrieb Paul Sopka:
>This brings me to the final problem which the alternative mentioned
>above solves already: The user services manage a couple of things,
>namely the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR and DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS that need to be
>propagated to the users login shell. Is there a more elegant way to do
>this other then having the user source an env directory in his
>.bash_profile?

What I do is little different: my login shell is /etc/execline-startup, which
after setting up a few things, execs into ~/.execline-loginshell, which among
other things execs into s6-envdir reading the same env dir as my supervision
tree, and finally executes into my actual shell.

I’ll attach the files to this email so you can take a look at them.

Don’t credit me on this, I actually took it all from the lh-bootstrap stuff
written by Laurent. :D

BISOUS
Hoël