Re: Pattern for multiple subservices and dynamic discovery i.e. VPN

From: Oliver Schad <oliver.schad_at_automatic-server.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:32:30 +0200

Dear Laurent,

thanks a lot for your quick response. I understand, that dynamic
discovery needs some thoughts to implement in an easy and flexible way.

Just to understand the requirements, if we want to implement that today:

- we need an scanning component for the desired state of running
  instances (something like 'find /etc/openvpn -name "*conf"')
- we need an scanning component for the current state in process list
- we need a diffing component
- we need a state applier component

A component could be a shell function. Applying state would mean to
fork and exec. A process tree would look like

/usr/bin/s6-svscan
 s6-supervise vpn-manager
   vpn-manager
     openvpn foo1.conf