Re: Issue with s6-rc-update

From: Paul Sopka <psopka_at_sopka.ch>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2024 12:16:48 +0200

Thank you for the quick help!

Funnily enough I tried exactly what you recommended, but only after
running the false script at least once. Thus, the dir was already borked
and I could not recognize that this would fix it.

I will do as you recommend, as a workaround. I specifically add the
slash at the end of such variables, the reasoning is the following:

considering the script I used for testing:

s6-rc-update -v3 -l ${s6live} ${s6dir}${s6db}

If I didn't append the slash when defining ${s6dir}, I had to write
${s6dir}/${s6db}(note the slash). Now imagine ${s6dir} was empty or
both ${s6dir} and ${s6db} were empty due to some bug/error and the
command was "rm -rf"...

Therefore I am looking forward to your fix!

On a side note: for posting info or questions about my project of
implementing s6/s6-rc policy for Gentoo, I should turn to
supervision_at_list.skarnet.org, right?

Are general questions, e.g. about whether or not my idea of a policy is
good, allowed on that mailing list?

Have a nice weekend and thank you for the amazing set of tools you
provide us with!

Paul