Re: s6-tlsd immediately sending EOF during TLS handshake

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 01:59:10 +0000

>Do you think that the handshake completes? I'm not sure that execution
>is even reaching the stls_run() call; the segfault could have happened
>during the tls_handshake() call in stls_s6tlsd() (i.e. while executing
>LibreSSL code), and the tls_handshake() call in stls_s6tlsc() would
>report a failed handshake accordingly.

  Indeed, the client's error message indicates that the handshake did
not complete. But in that case, that would mean the error is in
libtls, not s6-tlsd.

  I really am not sure how to debug this, since I cannot reproduce it
under the same conditions (x86_64, Linux, musl, libressl 3.0.2,
statically linked s6-tlsd). It may be something broken in the Void
packaging of libressl.

  Ilaia, can you test with a manually built libressl instead of the
version provided by Void? (No particular configure options.)