Re: Question about enable-absolute-paths option

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 16:32:41 +0000

>But I probably will not install binaries like `if, exec, wait` to
>default PATH(like /usr/bin). Although I understand this is possible
>technically(and currently no other programs claim these names).
>
>The actual reason is that I can't afford time to argue with other
>developers. When I ask on debian-devel list, at least someone is
>object to this[1].

  I will then suggest that you refrain from packaging execline for
Debian until your fellow developers stop forcing you to "fix" things
that are only a problem in their imaginations - causing very real
breakage with the "fixes".

  Users deserve packages done the right way. They do not deserve
software that is broken by distribution bigotry.