Re: Bugs with execline/s6 documentation and skalibs functions using posix_spawn()

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 21:27:17 +0000

>As a more general fix, I think tryposixspawn.c should at least try
>spawning a probably unexecutable path (like the one above) as well,
>which corrects the sysdep on systems where the expected conformance
>is broken.

  Adding a sysdep to detect that case is a good idea indeed!
  Rather than pretending it doesn't exist, though, I'd rather add a
different sysdep that tests its behaviour, so it can still be used
with the proper workaround.

  Testing the behaviour may be challenging, however, because I suspect
the CentOS 7 implementation of posix_spawn() is just racy, and they
simply documented that they don't care.