The s6-ipcclient program
s6-ipcclient is an
UCSPI client tool for
Unix domain sockets. It connects to a socket, then executes into
s6-ipcclient [ -q | -Q | -v ] [ -p localpath ] [ -l localname ] path prog...
- s6-ipcclient connects to a Unix domain socket on path.
- It executes into prog... with descriptor 6 reading from
the socket and descriptor 7 writing to it.
prog... is run with
the following variables set:
- PROTO: always set to IPC
- IPCLOCALPATH: set to the path associated with the local socket,
if any. Be aware that it may contain arbitrary characters.
- -q : be quiet.
- -Q : be normally verbose. This is the default.
- -v : be verbose.
- -p localpath : bind the local
socket to localpath before connecting to path.
- -l localname : use localname
as the value of the IPCLOCALPATH environment variable.
- s6-ipcclient is mostly used to connect a client to a
local service without having
to implement networking in the client. For instance, the
s6-sudo program does this.