The s6-ident-client program
s6-ident-client is a command-line client application that
performs IDENT (RFC 1413) queries.
s6-ident-client [ -t millisecs ] remoteaddr remoteport localaddr localport
- s6-ident-client contacts the IDENT server on address remoteaddr
port 113 and asks it about the connection from address remoteaddr
port remoteport to address localaddr port localport.
- It prints the answer to stdout.
- It exits 0 if the answer is positive or 1 if the answer is negative,
in which case it also prints an informative message to stderr.
- remoteaddr and localaddr can be either IPv4
or IPv6 addresses; however, they must both be of the same type.
- -t millisecs : if no answer has been
obtained within millisecs milliseconds, s6-ident-client will
exit 99 with an error message. By default, millisecs is 0,
which means no time limit.