The dnsfunnel-translate program
dnsfunnel-translate translates a file in resolv.conf
format to a file in dnsfunneld format.
dnsfunnel-translate [ -i inputfile ] [ -o outputfile ] [ -x ignoredip ]
- dnsfunnel-translate opens inputfile and parses it. It reads
and processes lines beginning with nameserver followed by an IP
address (v4 or v6). It ignores other lines.
- It writes the IP addresses, without the nameserver keyword,
to outputfile, one per line.
- If a nameserver address is ignoredip, it does not
get printed to outputfile
- dnsfunnel-translate exits 0 when it has finished processing
- 0: success
- 1: no suitable IP found in the input file
- 100: wrong usage
- 111: system call failed
- -i inputfile : process inputfile.
Default is /etc/resolv.conf.
- -o outputfile : write the result to
outputfile. Default is /run/dnsfunnel/root/caches.
- -x ignoredip : ignore the ignoredip
IPv4 address if it shows up as a nameserver in inputfile.
Default is 127.0.0.1. The point of this option is to avoid copying
to outputfile the IPv4 address that the
dnsfunneld daemon will be bound to.