Dependencies in S6

From: Amaresh Kotekal <amareshkotekal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:40:33 +0530

Hi Team,

I have some doubt on dependencies file in S6.

Secnario 1:
1. A & B are one shot services in a s6-rc bundle. Service B is dependent on
A. ( added in dependency file).
2. I think Service B will start after the completion of service A ( A then
B, in serial manner ) is it correct ? or
3. Service B will start immediately after the service A as started (in a
parallel manner) ?

Secnario 2:
1. A is one shot service and B is a long run service. Service B is
dependent on Service A.
2. Service B will start, once th service A as completed (in serial manner)
? or
3. Service B will start immediately after the service A as started (in a
parallel manner) ?

Secnario 3:
1. A is a long run service and B is a one shot service. Service B is
dependent on Service A.
2. Service B will start immediately after the service A as started (in a
parallel manner) ?
3. Do I need to use notification mechanism if I want to start service B
after A service as reached particular point in execution

Secnario 4:
1. A & B both are long run services. Service B is dependent on Service A.
2. Service B will start immediately after the service A as started (in a
parallel manner) ?

If one shot service are dependent on other one shot services. They will be
started in serial manner one after the other ?

Regards,
Amaresh