Re: Following log directories

From: John W Higgins <wishdev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 17:49:27 -0700

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 5:09 PM Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
wrote:

> My guess is that lnav just prints the TAI time as if it were UTC,
> which indeed will print a time that, in 2020, is too high by 27 seconds.
> If that is the case, it's a bug that would be worth reporting to lnav.

I meant nothing towards s6 - but daemontools does not deal with leap
seconds (or at least it cetainly looks that way from my foolish viewpoint).

So the problem for something like lnav is that it gets stuck between
daemontools and other tools like s6 which implement something "differently"
- be that right or wrong or anything else under the Sun,

It looks like lnav took the concept from daemontools and ran with it - far
worse decisions have been made by a tool trying to accomodate users.

I was just pointing out that there is a second check which may need to be
applied to make sure the viewer is providing the information one believes
they are seeing.

John