Re: runit patches to fix compiler warnings on RHEL 7

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 11:13:41 +0000

Some of those are common. I looked at similar stuff in daemontools,
where runit got some of this code from, when I packaged it up with some
of the other Bernstein softwares some years ago. However, you have
missed the point of HASSHORTSETGROUPS. There's no point in having
conditionally compiled code selected by it that uses gid_t in both
codepaths. If you are going to use gid_t, you do not need the
HASSHORTSETGROUPS mechanism in its entirety. Think about what it does.

* http://jdebp.uk./Softwares/djbwares/

In the nosh toolset, I have no such mechanisms. The code uses the
<unistd.h> types, with a std::vector<gid_t> for the call to setgroups()
in setuidgid-fromenv for example. The only similar mechanism picks
between the very old waitpid() function and the newer (but still old,
because it was SVR4) waitid() function. And only OpenBSD ever needs the
code to use the former, in practice.