Re: The "Unix Philosophy 2020" document

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:13:15 -0300

El dom., 17 nov. 2019 a las 4:28, Casper Ti. Vector escribió:

> A system proponent gave a remark about nosh's `move-to-control-group',
> which appears, to some degree, justified:
> <https://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=15221854&cid=59422200>

Those are just two if statements 'sharing' a body for brevity. That
deals with errors in the openat() and subsequent write() calls, for
the file that controls cgroup membership. By displaying a message
constructed in the same way in both cases, and then throwing an
exception. *Shrug*

As I understand it, throwing the exception is necessary. Not only does
that transfer control directly to main(), destroying all objects with
automatic storage duration in its way, but also main() is written in
such a way that doing so makes the move-to-control-group process exit
with the code contained in the exception object, rather than chain
sure human users appreciate that there is one :)

G.