Re: Is s6/s6-rc ready to be the ubiquitous init?

From: Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 22:13:48 -0500

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 11:37:55 +0000
"Laurent Bercot" <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org> wrote:

> >If IBM bails on systemd, is s6/s6-rc ready to take its place? I mean
> >we all know it's ready technically, and is well maintained, but is
> >it ready politically, with help for distro packagers? Perhaps some
> >documentation on best practices and making it easy to install
> >s6/s6-rc.
>
> I'm very thankful for your generous offer to provide documentation
> and tutorials. Help for distro packagers is indeed something s6/s6-rc
> needs. Can you give me an outline of your tutorial when it's ready?
> I'll be happy to proofread it and make suggestions.

You're welcome. The docs and tutorials will roll out slowly, but
they're roll out.

A couple questions:

1) Where can I find the s6/s6-rc project's preferred directories for
   everything? I'd prefer not to put anything directly off the root
   directory: Too many people would object.

2) Does there exist a block diagram of either s6, s6-rc, or both
   combined, and if so, where?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2019 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust