Re: nosh build problems (Re: Compatibilities between runit and s6 (re: )

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 20:51:13 +0000

Charlie Brady:

> /usr/include/curses.h:843:31: error: initializing argument 1 of 'char*
> tigetstr(char*)' [-fpermissive]
>
> service-status.cpp:148:21: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to
> 'char*' [-fpermissive]
> s = tigetstr(setaf);

This is a problem that I thought was confined to OpenBSD, and its
not-|const|-correct ncurses library. Certainly this has never been a
problem on Debian nor on FreeBSD, and M. Caravia did not report any lack
of |const|-correctness on Arch Linux. What does line 843 of your
|/usr/include/curses.h| actually say? Because that's not the location
of that function declaration in that header in either Dickey ncurses or
Acton pdcurses as far as I can see. So what curses are you actually using?