Problems with Step 4

From: Daniel GSJ <audobra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:51:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm following the instructions to migrate my o.s. to runit according to the
instruction given in http://smarden.org/runit/replaceinit.html, but I'm
having problems with the step 4 (Reboot into runit for testing).

Once stage 2 is reached, the computer hangs in the same way than when
executing *agetty* in an active console tty, and doesn't login neither.

My o.s. is build with Linux-from-scratch, and is running SystemV, so it is
a pretty simple system.

I've tried different possibilities like:

#!/bin/sh

exec setsid /sbin/agetty tty5 linux

or

#!/bin/sh

exec chpst -P /sbin/agetty tty5 linux

This last one is from the project runit-for-lfs, so it has some relation
with the Linux from scratch. But the project does not seem to be active.

I have also modified the /etc/inittab to make the tty5 free, but the result
is always the same.

Well, I'm sorry if my question is too basic, but I have not found
information to solve this issue. I would appreciate some help or hints on
this matter.

Thanks!

Daniel GutiƩrrez