Re: GNU Emacs now runs in foreground

From: Jean Louis <bugs_at_gnu.support>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 19:00:17 +0300

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 10:44:11AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> I think I can live without GNOME, so for me this is no problem at all. I
> think a lot of people on this list can live without GNOME.

No GNOME here, no KDE, no such things, just to confirm, I am best
without it.

> Dbus isn't part of my world, and when software tries to make dbus part
> of my world, I tend to ditch that software. Dbus is a traffic circle
> allowing everything to talk to everything else, addressing allowing.
> It's a system-wide global variable on steroids.

I would like to kick it out, if I could, I just don't know how.

> To me, Linux is and should remain a DIY accessible OS, and that
> requires shunning all things FreeDesktop.Org.

That was made by corporations for corporations and their
interests. They don't do anything in my specific interest. Like who
said I need ~/Desktop? I don't need it. But applications are creating
it automatically. Who says I want to keep ~/Video ~/Music and such? Or
that I want to open files with xdg-open? That type of control of how
commands shall be executed and what directories/folders shall users
have on their systems, I have tried to escape back in 1999, when I
switched from Windows. And now we see the same pattern.

Jean Louis