Re: possible to transform signals sent by s6-svc?

From: Martin \ <et.code_at_ethome.sk>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:27:09 +0200

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 05:09:16 +0000
"Laurent Bercot" <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org> wrote:
> >If I'm right and there's no easy way to do that, it's not necessarily a
> >huge problem -- currently I'm just using "s6-svc -iO" to shut down
> >PostgreSQL, and I can keep doing that; or, alternatively, I can patch
> >PostgreSQL to switch the behavior of TERM and INT. But if there *is* a
> >way
> >to get s6-svc to behave differently, I'm interested!
>
> s6-svc, no - at least not yet. Apparently there's some demand for that
> functionality, so I'll probably think about a way to implement it
> safely,
> in a future version of s6.

I've hit this occasionally, but it's not a big deal, as most daemons do "right
thing" when getting SIGTERM.

However if you ever plan to do this, I would like to suggest what I personally
would like best: using same file "interface" as with ./timeout-finish.

This would make it easy to spot special "outlier" services which are not like
the rest.

  eto