Re: Catch-all logger stops catching logs, and is not restarted after SIGKILL

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 20:47:26 +0200

On 15/08/2016 20:41, Casper Ti. Vector wrote:
> Found the culprit: a clock skew due to incorrect options in invocation
> of hwclock(8). Not sure whether it will be worth trying to work around
> such PEBKAC from the s6 / s6-rc side :|

  Ah, yes, I've had that one, and it's really difficult to fix in s6-log,
because by definition an application that timestamps needs "wall clock"
time, not "stopwatch" time.

5 If your machine does not have a CMOS battery, I suggest setting the clock
to a reasonable value in the past in stage 1. This way you're sure
that deadlines won't be computed too far in the future, and the time
uncertainty will only last until you get to run your NTP client.