Re: supervise multiple workers

From: Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 21:50:21 -0700

On Sep 27, 2015 6:47 PM, "Laurent Bercot" <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
wrote:

> IIUC this time, what you're mentioning here is instanced
> supervision. And it has been mentioned several times on this list
> in the past, but I don't think there's a supervision suite that
> natively supports instances for now. I may be wrong though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you emulate an instanced supervisor by
setting up a service that's a run script for a different supervision tree
scanner? Some care (and possibly some support scripts) would be needed to
make sure that bringing down the main service properly shuts down the
sub-tree but there shouldn't be anything inherently impossible there.

Cheers!
-Colin