Re: [ale] systemd talk from July has slide deck online now

From: Avery Payne <avery.p.payne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:10:07 -0700

On 9/9/2015 9:57 AM, Laurent Bercot wrote:
> Quoting the document: "This article is not meant to impart any technical
> judgments, but to simply document what has been done".
>
> I don't think the author of the document is condoning XML configuration
> any more than you and I are. (Context: VR is also the author of uselessd
> and he eventually gave up on it because systemd was just too complex to
> redesign.)

With regard to the redesign, I've noticed an ongoing method of derailing
systemd discussion. I'm only going to digress from the mailing list for
a brief moment to point out this recurring format:

User1: "I don't like systemd that much because of reason X" (where
reason X may or may not be a legitimate reason to dislike it)
User2: "Go design a better systemd"

Notice how the discussion is turned back to systemd directly. It's
always "go re-invent it", not "make something different". I just wanted
to point that out.

P.S. because of the flammable nature of this topic, please, do NOT
respond to my posting on the mailing list; if you want to respond, send
an email.