Re: s6: something like runit's ./check script

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:05:30 +0200

On 08/09/2015 13:51, Jan Bramkamp wrote:

> If the script fails for any reason the service is stuck and won't
> come up. Such simple scripts shouldn't fail but they might still run
> into resource limits or other (temporary) problems.

  If the polling script fails, it will die. The run script will then
die. The supervisor will restart it. Eventually, when temporary problems
get fixed, the polling script will succeed, and the service will
make it.

  Don't overengineer stuff. Because we can easily manage daemons and
notifications and complex mechanisms doesn't mean we should. ;)