[s6] debian packaging

From: Buck Evan <buck_at_yelp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:59:30 -0700

I'm wrapping up my work to provide debian packages for s6.
I hope to use the resulting packages both at my workplace, and push them
out to the wider debian world.

I'd be delighted if any of you could suggest improvements or
simplifications.
The code is here: (on the "dockerize" branch)
https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/tree/dockerize

I believe the ./configure options I've used would be of particular
interest, which live in the respective rules files:

   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/skalibs/debian/rules
   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/execline/debian/rules
   - https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/s6/debian/rules

Secondarily, the way I've divided the projects into packages is specified
in the .install files. Files which are only necessary for compiling further
tools, rather than "normal usage" are relegated to -dev packages, making
six packages in all.

   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/skalibs/debian/skalibs.install
   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/skalibs/debian/skalibs-dev.install
   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/execline/debian/execline.install
   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/execline/debian/execline-dev.install
   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/s6/debian/s6.install
   -
   https://github.com/bukzor/s6-packaging/blob/dockerize/s6/debian/s6-dev.install

Final point of order, since the "skalibs" package contains no such file,
and is in fact primarily providing a "libskarnet" file, would you be ok if
I renamed it to "libskarnet"? It's possible that downstream debian might
insist, and I want to have an answer ready.