Re: runit maintenance - Re: patch: sv check should wait when svrun is not ready

From: Lasse Kliemann <lasse_at_lassekliemann.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 12:58:10 +0200

Gerrit Pape <pape_at_smarden.org> writes:

> First is moving away from slashpackage. Doing it similar to what
> Laurant does in his current projects sounds good to me, but I didn't
> look into details. This even might include moving away from the djblib
> (Public Domain files from daemontools included in runit) to skalibs.

Sorry to interrupt. Why moving away from slashpackage?

As far as I see, Laurent's build system is a super-set up slashpackage
functionality.

I think the whole idea of "registered namespaces for software packages"
is a good idea and should be supported. There are of course different
ways of implementing it.