Re: init.d script names

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 10:30:37 +0100

On 03/10/2014 06:38, Avery Payne wrote:
> So, should I stop work on runit-scripts and s6-scripts? If this is all for
> naught, then why put the effort in?

  I didn't say that, duh. I said it was a hard problem to solve in the general
case, that there was no simple shortcut, and that the framework needed to
support more flexible weaving of one-time initialization and service startup.
That doesn't mean converting as many scripts as possible from SysV to a
supervision scheme isn't worth doing - on the contrary, it's a very laudable
initiative, and thanks for the effort you're putting in! Just don't expect
perfect results for now - and please stay tuned, because I'll try to improve
the framework soon, and hopefully make your work easier.