Re: User level service

From: Alex Efros <powerman_at_powerman.name>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 00:29:00 +0300

Hi!

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 07:42:35PM +0200, Joan Picanyol i Puig wrote:
> What setup are you refering to? In my setup there's a root-run svscan of
> a dir hosting symlinks to user's service directories, which are
> svscan'ed with their own uids. This way, users can add & remove services
> without root's intervention; what else would you offer them?

Nothing actually, just ability to add/remove any amount of directories
with services for each user. Can you please show ./run file for your
service?

Anyway, cron-based solution works ok on servers where you don't have root
access (usually such servers don't have runit either, so you need to
compile it in your home dir first).

--
			WBR, Alex.