Re[2]: [announce] skarnet.org October 2024 update

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 00:12:25 +0000

>When I try to build rpm for s6-networking, the latest openssl release for fedora is 3.2.2. while the document require openssl-3.3.1.
>
>Is openssl-3.3.1 the minimal requirement for s6-networking?

  openssl-3.2.2 *might* work, but that's not the latest one, so it
likely has security holes, unless Fedora backported the fixes. Try it,
and if it builds, it will probably work.

  But that's likely not the main problem you'll encounter. Does Fedora
package libretls? Because s6-networking won't build against openssl
alone, it needs libretls to provide the libtls layer of APIs that
s6-networking uses.

  If Fedora packages libressl, it would probably be easier for you to
build against libressl rather than openssl + libretls.
(And if by any chance they package bearssl, that would be the best
option.)