Re: Submit s6 RPMs to Fedora

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2024 23:46:40 +0000

>Becoming a Fedora maintainer is a big commitment to make, but it’d really go a long way towards making s6 a viable competitor to systemd on Red Hat-based distros.

  Lol. As if.

>I am not sure if I am the right person to be the rpm maintainer or the author of s6 to be the rpm maintainer? Please give me some suggestion.

  What do *you* want to do?
  Do you want to be the rpm maintainer?
  Do you think you have the necessary skills, time, and dedication to be?
  If you do, that's your choice to make.
  If you don't want to do it, for any reason, that's also your choice to
make.

  Note that the person who opened the issue is asking *you* to commit to
some labor. They are not willing to do the work themself. That's one
thing to consider. Also, if someone is really interested in getting s6
into Enterprise Linux, I would expect them to come to this list, or
the supervision list, and talk about it. That's another thing to
consider.

  I wouldn't do it. (I already maintain skaware packages for 2 other
distros and that's more downstream work than I like. I'm not adding
others.) But I'm not you. What do you want?