Re[2]: Help translating a bash function to execline

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2024 21:35:43 +0000

>I'm sorry but I don't understand this at all. If there is no argument
>splitting by default, how do you pass additional arguments with spaces?

  You split at import time.

  If you want the opts variable to carry several arguments split by
spaces, you add the -s and -d " " options to importas, to tell it to
interpret opts as several words, if there are spaces in the contents,
instead of as always one word.

importas -uiSsd" " opts
hostname $opts

  https://www.skarnet.org/software/execline/importas.html