Re: Bugs with execline/s6 documentation and skalibs functions using posix_spawn()

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:42:00 +0000

> Testing the behaviour may be challenging, however, because I suspect
>the CentOS 7 implementation of posix_spawn() is just racy, and they
>simply documented that they don't care.

  Thinking about it more, I'm afraid it's not a testable behaviour.
Not only isn't there any way to force the race since it entirely
happens inside a libc function, but also, the test would require
running code on the build machine, which doesn't work for cross-builds
and people would have to manually set the sysdep anyway.

  It seems like --with-sysdep-posixspawn=no, as you did, is the easiest
workaround.