s6-log not responding to signals

From: <esben_at_geanix.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 14:45:45 +0200

Hi

If you run s6-log, and write something the following to the pipe it is
reading from

echo -e -n 'foo\nbar' > $fifo

The s6-log process will log the "foo" line, and read but not process the
incomplete "bar" not-a-line string. All fine, and as expected.

The problem is that until a new-line is received, s6-log will not
respond to SIGHUP and SIGTERM. I assume this is not as expected.

When combined with s6-rc, I end up with a system I cannot even shutdown.

/Esben