Re: [s6-dns] is there a particular reason skadns_packet would return NULL errno ENETUNREACH?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 16:27:59 +0000

  s6dns_engine filters answers that do not seem relevant to in-flight
queries. That includes malformed answers or ones that do not follow
RFC 1035.
  I was made aware (thanks, Ermine) that some caches fail to set the
RD bit in their responses to queries containing the RD bit; these
answers were ignored.
  I just pushed a workaround to the s6-dns git, to only perform the
RD check on answers when a "strict" flag is given, which it's not
in any of the command-line wrappers or in skadnsd.

  Can you please try with the latest s6-dns git and see if the answers
you're getting on OmniOS are accepted this time?