Re: False positive in skalibs system feature test

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 22:53:13 -0300

El vie., 25 oct. 2019 a las 17:01, Jens Rehsack escribió:

> > [...]
> > configure:2634: result: no
> >
> > As you can see, only the equivalent of a skarnet.org 'choose cl' is used here.
>
> Wasn't that clear enough when I told that weeks before?
> For any typical library function, that is enough.

In cases like this, not without precautions. This only worked because
Autoconf happens to know about GNU libc's __stub_* macros, and adds
garbage to the test source file if the relevant one is defined, so
that the compile phase fails. If the compile phase had succeeded, the
link phase would have as well. The configure script would have
declared that lchown() is available, and one would have ended up with
a useless lchown() substitute.

G.