Re: s6-envuidgid: Weird errors with GNU libc's getgrent() and endgrent()

From: fungal-net <fungalnet_at_obarun.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 08:36:00 +0000

Brett Neumeier:
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 10:02 AM Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> El dom., 2 jun. 2019 a las 3:27, Casper Ti. Vector escribió:
>>>
>>> On my machine using Void with glibc 2.29 since 20190305
>>
>> Yay! I thought chances of hearing from someone who uses a GNU
>> libc-based distribution that is not Gentoo, with a sufficiently recent
>> version (which usually means it's rolling release), and who is also a
>> subscriber of this list, were rather slim :)
>
> I am another -- using a completely built-from-source libc-based system.
> With glibc 2.29 and branch updates through 2019-05-03, and s6 2.8.0.0 with
> branch updates through 2019-03-05, I also have no issues.
>> , I never encountered this issue.
>>
>> Do you happen to build skarnet.org packages statically linked to musl
>> on those Void machines, or do you let them link to the distribution's
>> libc?

Void (both glibc and musl) have had the whole s6 suite and skarnet libs
on its repositories for all (xx) architectures. s6-rc doesn't work out
of the box though (tried and tried, I don't know enough to get it
working). I can install an arch kernel and make a bootable image by
installing Obarun's s6-rc into void (glibc) and then 66. Obarun's 66 is
also in Void repositories, current and identical, I believe.

Adelie (musl-posix) must be getting really close to replacing
sysv/openrc with full s6.