Re: [announce] mdevd-0.0.1.0 - a mdev-compatible uevent manager

From: Didier Kryn <didier.kryn_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 18:11:06 +0100

Le 15/11/2017 à 15:53, Laurent Bercot a écrit :
> Linus has said, multiple times, that sysfs wasn't supposed to be a
> stable interface, so applications should just not access sysfs.

     "Applications should not access sysfs" doesn't mean there should be
only one version of the intermediate library. There's already
Systemd-Udev and Eudev versions, at least. For the case of Xorg, it just
means sysfs access should not be hard-coded in the source of Xorg, but
there should be some library in between, so that it is not necessary to
recompile Xorg for every version of the kernel. So any replacement for
the needed subset of libudev would do it.

     I don't know what evdev is (I guess some virtual device) and what's
its place in the big Xorg picture, but I think some of you guys know it.
Any usefull link?

     Didier