Re: PEBKAC prevention with s6-rc

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 13:24:46 +0000

>This is certainly an inexcusable PEBKAC; however, the cause was not
>really obvious from the error output of the s6-rc programs. So perhaps
>we can make the error messages more indicative; or if that requires too
>much additional complexiy, emphasise in the s6-rc documentation that
>the
>service db is not supposed to change throughout its lifetime (including
>that last `s6-rc-update' invocation that would replace it; and except
>that a major upgrade of s6-rc might require an in-place rebuild)?

  I have added a few lines about needing to keep compiled databases
in the documentation pages for s6-rc-init, s6-rc-compile and
s6-rc-update.
I have added a word about recompiling databases across major version
changes in upgrade.html.

  Please tell me if it makes things clearer for you, or if something more
is needed.