Re: Some glitches on skarnet.org

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:20:19 -0300

Hello,

May I take this opportunity to bring up again the ML archives issue?

<http://www.mail-archive.com/supervision%40list.skarnet.org/msg00473.html>

Laurent Bercot:

> Yeah, it's a bug in ezmlm-cgi, and I haven't investigated it yet. Not sure if
> it's non-ascii content or something else, but some messages just make
> ezmlm-cgi crash.

Perhaps somebody else noticed it too, but at this point I'm pretty
sure it is messages containing URLs, when they are converted to
clickable hyperlinks. But only sometimes. I still don't know what the
pattern is, but a URL at the beginning of a line (or wrapping at the
end of one) seems to almost certainly trigger the crash, and having
other characters before it (like when the URL is inside '<>' or after
'*') seems to prevent it.

Thanks,
G.