Re: Compilation issue

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:41:56 +0200

On 27/04/2016 16:37, Luis Ressel wrote:
> Go ahead and install the skarnet stuff to /usr/local. You'll just have
> to be careful that execline scripts are always executed with
> PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:... .

  Not only execline scripts, but mostly everything that calls s6 binaries.
  s6 sometimes expects execline binaries to be in the PATH. As far as I'm
aware, no autogenerated command line calls "import", partly because of this
issue, and you can reasonably expect it to remain true in the foreseeable
future, but I don't want to make it an absolute guarantee.

  Also: if you're not going to install stuff in real slashpackage
directories, then don't use --enable-slashpackage at all. You want to go
with the FHS, you get the FHS.