Re: how do I start the "catch-all-logger"

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 01:03:42 +0100

On 28/02/2016 00:38, Terrel Shumway wrote:
> I see many references to a catch-all-logger but I don't see any
> instructions on how to start it or use it.

  Try running s6-linux-init-maker:
http://skarnet.org/software/s6-linux-init/s6-linux-init-maker.html
  and studying what it's doing.

  The catch-all logger is started in stage 1 init, and it's a little
tricky to get right, because it needs to be supervised, but it also
needs to log the output of the supervision tree, so there's a catch-22
to solve and a lot of details can go wrong. That's why I wrote a tool
that auto-generates correct scripts for the early boot.

  To use the catch-all logger, all you need to do is nothing. It will
catch the logs written by services that do not have a dedicated logger.