Re: daemontools tai64n is unbuffered, s6-tai64n is fully buffered

From: Buck Evan <buck_at_yelp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:16:03 -0700

My canonical slowly-printing example is:

    yes hello world | pv -qL 10 | tai64n

Under daemontools classic you'll see the output gradually appear character
by character, with timestamps.
Under s6, this seems to hang and I ctrl-c it. I'm sure if I waited a good
long while it would print, but this shows the difference in usability.

I think the buffer size is 4KB, so at 10 bytes per second that's... about
seven minutes to first output.

Obviously this is a worst-case example, but the log latency argument
applies to all scenarios I think.