Re: Packaging skaware for Guix

From: 韋嘉誠 <Claes>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 08:36:23 +0200

On Jul 6, 2015 6:49 PM, "Laurent Bercot" <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org> wrote:

>> Or is it the case that ld/gcc understand LIBRARY_PATH but make doesn't?
>
> Yes. CPATH and LIBRARY_PATH are gcc-specific constructs. The equivalent
> of LIBRARY_PATH for make is named "vpath", and needs to be declared in the
> Makefile. The configure script builds such a vpath with the contents of
the
> given --with-lib options.

Ok, so that explains it. Explicit --with-lib it is.

>> "--enable-fast-install"
>
> The configure scripts are not generated by autotools. This flag won't do
> anything. Please see ./configure --help to see what flags are supported.

It's there by default in the gnu build wrappers in the packaging framework.
As long as it's ignored and doesn't cause any trouble I'm leaving it in. :-)

Skarnet build scripts are not autotools, but similar enough when viewed as
a black box. If you're squinting.

>> skalibs lib and includes are found using CPATH and LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Yeah, that will work with gcc but make will not find libraries.
> As you could see for yourself, it works with --with-lib. :)

Yeah.

--
   /c