Re: [announce] s6-linux-init-0.0.1.0

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 12:43:29 +0200

On 2015-06-19 19:19, Les Aker wrote:
> Looks like s6-linux-init 0.0.1.0 pulls s6 in as a build-time
> dependency. Not a huge issue, but might be worth updating the docs to
> clarify that until the next release removes that? I've learned to
> trust your docs and build tools enough that I spent a while hunting
> for what I was doing wrong :)

  Actually, the docs provided with the 0.0.1.0 tarball would tell you
that :)
  I changed the dependencies in a later git commit, and updated the
online docs to match that commit, but it means they don't match the
0.0.1.0 release anymore. My apologies for the misdirection here.

  That's an interesting question: should the docs match the latest
versioned release or the latest git commit ? There are pros and cons
for both.

  Anyway, please use the latest git, it comes with a few other fixes
in addition to removing almost all build-time deps.

> Also, I'm in favor of making the shebang use bindir

  Also done in the latest git.