The s6-rc-oneshot-run internal program
s6-rc-oneshot-run executes a oneshot service's up or
down script taken from the current live compiled database.
s6-rc-oneshot-run is not meant to be used directly; it is used
in internal scripts created by
s6-rc-compile, which are invoked during an
s6-rc-oneshot-run [ -l live ] [ -b ] up|down n
- s6-rc-oneshot-run executes into the up or down script
of the nth oneshot service defined
in the current compiled service database (i.e. the compiled linked from the
- -l live : use the live directory in
live. Default is /run/s6-rc, or what was given to the
--livedir configure option at compile time.
- -b : blocking lock. If the service database is currently
being used by another program, s6-rc-oneshot-run will wait until that
other program has released its lock on the database, then proceed.
By default, s6-rc-oneshot-run fails with an error message if the database
is currently in use.
- 3: invalid service number
- 4: invalid service database
- 100: wrong usage
- 111: system call failed
- other exit codes: returned from the executed up or down script