What is it ?
s6-rc is a service manager for
systems, i.e. a suite of programs that can start and stop
services, both long-running daemons and one-time
initialization scripts, in the proper order according to a
dependency tree. It ensures that long-running daemons are
supervised by the s6 infrastructure, and that one-time
scripts are also run in a controlled environment.
- A POSIX-compliant system with a standard C development environment
- GNU make, version 3.81 or later
- skalibs version
220.127.116.11 or later
- execline version
18.104.22.168 or later
- s6 version
22.214.171.124 or later
s6-rc is free software. It is available under the
- See the enclosed INSTALL file for installation details.
- This page lists the differences to be aware of between
the previous versions of s6-rc and the current one.
Offline tools: creating and managing a compiled service database
Online tools: managing your live services
Upgrading from earlier s6-rc database formats
Programs used internally
- s6-rc is discussed on the
- anopa is another service manager
for s6, with a similar design (but no compilation phase).
is a complete init system and service manager for Unix.