The s6-quote-filter program
s6-quote-filter acts as a filter, quoting lines it reads on stdin
and writing the quoted lines to stdout.
s6-quote-filter [ -u ] [ -d delim ]
- s6-quote reads lines on stdin; it quotes every line, putting it inside double quotes
and escaping all dubious characters
- It writes the quoted strings to stdout
- It exits 0 on EOF
- -u : do not put read lines inside double quotes, only escape
characters if needed
- -d delim : use the first character of delim
as a quote character, instead of double quotes
- Quoted strings are guaranteed to be pure printable ASCII, without control characters.
- Quoted strings can be unquoted via the s6-unquote or