The mdevd-coldplug program
mdevd-coldplug performs a coldplug: it scans
/sys for all registered devices a uevent manager would
want to perform actions on, and generates uevents for all these
mdevd-coldplug [ -s slashsys ]
- mdevd-coldplug scans /sys for devices.
- For every suitable device it finds, it generates a
uevent and writes it to its stdout, using the same format
- It exits when it has finished scanning.
This implies that the mdevd-coldplug | mdevd command line
will function as a coldplug manager, just like mdev -s.
- -s slashsys : assume the sysfs
pseudo-filesystem is mounted on slashsys. Default is /sys.
- 0: success
- 111: system call failed
- mdevd-coldplug is a short-lived program, just like
- Unlike mdev -s, however, mdevd-coldplug does
not act on the uevents it generates. It simply prints them.
This allows for easy debugging.
- To act on the uevents, simply pipe the output of
mdevd-coldplug into mdevd.