Can s6-tlsd use openssl, rather than libressl?

From: Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty_at_heuristicsystems.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:35:46 +1100

Thanks to Ilaia's email, I looked into using s6-tlsd, but I'm a bit
confused about what libraries are needed, and hopefully not libressl?

https://www.skarnet.org/software/s6-networking/
indicates dependency on stls, sbearlssl.

https://www.skarnet.org/software/s6-networking/libstls/
requires libressl

https://www.skarnet.org/software/s6-networking/libsbearssl/
requires bearssl

We tried to use libressl for approx 8 months after heartbleed, but there
were too many incompatibilities with other applications' Makefiles,
which may have been fixed over the last 2 years? Now we're locked into
both openssl, bearssl is only used in boot code. Does anyone use
s6-networking with only openssl, or better, does anyone use
s6-networking on a BSD (I'm FreeBSD based) which uses openssl by
default? (If s6-* has libtls is a dependency, that's a showstopper.)

Regards, Dewayne.