Re: s6-envuidgid: Weird errors with GNU libc's getgrent() and endgrent()

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 23:10:13 -0300

El lun., 10 jun. 2019 a las 4:13, Casper Ti. Vector escribió:

> > /etc/nsswitch.conf, which I don't recall having ever modified, says:
> > group: db files
>
> Try using `qfile -o' to find the owner, and subsequently how it should
> originally have been? (I used Gentoo for several years before migrating
> to Alpine/Void two or three years ago, which is why I still lurk on its
> forums.)

/etc/nsswitch.conf is 'owned' by sys-libs/glibc, and Gentoo's default
comes directly from the libc's source package:

* https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.29-r2.ebuild#n1281
* https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=nss/nsswitch.conf;h=39ca88bf5198df2bfa8f4a2e4bf631f3baee16c0;hb=56c86f5dd516284558e106d04b92875d5b623b7a

> > I have no idea what changed, why this used to work before my upgrade
> > of the libc, or why it apparently never failed for anyone else not on
> > Gentoo.
>
> You are correct: the issue can be reproduced on my void/glibc system if
> `db' is added (whether prepended or appended) to the `group:' line in
> /etc/nsswitch.conf. (The /etc/nsswitch.conf is the distro-default for
> glibc/x86_64 systems, unchanged on my system.)

This is interesting. It hints at the problem really being in the
upstream package. And you said that you added the 'db' service, so I
take it that it wasn't there by default. Is this Void's current
default /etc/nsswitch.conf?

* https://github.com/void-linux/void-packages/blob/6c9706db3f2034677057ab1e70ce59fd06134ea3/srcpkgs/base-files/files/nsswitch.conf

If yes, it means that the 'db' service isn't configured for any
database at all, and would explain Void's 'immunity' to this problem.

G.