Re: Question about enable-absolute-paths option

From: Shengjing Zhu <zhsj_at_debian.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 00:48:34 +0800

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 12:32 AM Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org> wrote:
> I will then suggest that you refrain from packaging execline for
> Debian

Somehow I agree that, I don't want to be the person who bring
controversy with upstream and distributions.

The real software I want to package is s6. I do use it in my
containers as a supervision. I think s6 won't have such problems since
all its binaries having s6- prefix. Packaging s6 will be double-wins.
>From your previous comment, s6 not only uses execline library, but
also its binaries. Can I get a list of binaries that s6 will use? So I
can only package these. As a result, users won't get execline from
Debian, but just s6, which is not broken.

--
Shengjing Zhu <zhsj_at_debian.org>
GPG Key: 0xCF0E265B7DFBB2F2